Friday, June 19, 2009

Team Policy Topic: A Bit Of Archaeology

It'll be a few days before I post my first thoughts on the TP topic, because, to be perfectly honest, I'm scratching my head over the wording. Don't get me wrong: there are clearly angles. But it's going to be a slightly longer process than with the LD topic.

What I'm offering today is something from very long ago. The NDT/CEDA topic in the 1996-97 season required affirmatives to strengthen regulations that required a decrease in environmental pollution, and what I'm posting here are links to intelligence reports from two key tournaments that year. The University of Northern Iowa was the season opener, so the affirmatives and negative arguments were brand new and untested. The University of Southern California tournament took place over Christmas, so that was the mid-season status report.

Many of the arguments you'll see listed are not at all current anymore. These lists are just a tad under thirteen years old, and things have changed. But they're good food for thought, and a few might still be viable. If you're ready to start thinking about next year, start here, and in a few days I'll have some thoughts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment